Many people start blogs with the goal of making money in mind. If you know the best ways to make money with a blog, it will be a lot easier to generate revenue. Making money with a blog does require hard work, but it is much easier when you know the most effective methods of revenue generation.
- An affiliate program is a business arrangement where an online merchant pays a website owner a commission each time the website owner makes a sale or provides a sales lead.
- Website owners place affiliate ads on their sites and, when readers click on those ads, a tracking cookie tells the merchant where the lead came from.
- Affiliate programs typically pay a flat fee per lead or a certain percentage of each sale.
- Commissions range from as low as one percent of the sale price to as much as 50 percent of the sale price.
- If you have a high-traffic blog, affiliate programs can be a great way to generate revenue.
- There are several ways to generate revenue from blog advertising. One is to use pay-per-click (PPC) programs , which pay you every time someone clicks on one of the ads displayed on your blog.
- The amount you get paid per click depends on how much advertisers are willing to pay. Some clicks generate only 5 or 10 cents each, but other clicks can generate several dollars each.
- If you have a blog with several dozen posts, you have plenty of opportunities to display these ads on your site.
- When you get paid to talk about a company’s product or service in a blog post, this is known as a sponsored post.
- This is a controversial tactic, so use caution if you want to make money with sponsored posts.
- Always let readers know that a post is sponsored.
- If possible, address the negative aspects of a product or service to provide a fair and balanced review.
- If you run a product-based business, your blog is the perfect platform for selling more of your items.
- Provide useful, relevant information to your readers in every post.
- At the conclusion of each post, explain the benefits of using one of your products.
- Link to the product or offer a special discount for a limited time. This can help you sell more products and generate more revenue.
- Providing people with free information costs a lot of time and effort. Even if you don’t want to sell advertising or join an affiliate program, there is a way to make some money with your posts.
- Some bloggers add a donation button to their blogs and ask that readers make a donation if they find a post particularly helpful.
- Some people will use the information without donating, but other people will appreciate the effort and contribute to the upkeep of the blog.
- An information product is exactly what it sounds like: a product that contains useful information.
- E-books and reports are examples of information products.
- Writing information products and using your blog to sell them. This is a good way to generate income with your blog.
The above ideas are just some of the ways to earn money with a blog. All of them require consistent blogging and a commitment to quality. While most blogs will not make money overnight, hard work and perseverance will pay off in the form of passive income.
Photo Credit: theunburdenedexecutive.com